- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (e.g. Special Education, Limited English Proficiency, Gifted and Talented, etc.) require special services.
- Challenging expectations increase individual performance.
Polk Central is collecting bottle caps! Please send in a
baggie to your child's teacher and they will place
these in our collection container! Thanks!!
SPOTLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!!!
Each week a staff member & student will be chosen at random to be our spotlight
of the week! Check back each week to learn more about someone from our staff &
about a student here at Polk Central Elementary! We love our staff & students!
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
STAFF SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
Nurse Kayla is our school nurse. SHe grew up here in Polk Country & is a WCU alumni. She is married
to Eli Edwards and they have two daughters; Gracie (8), Caroline (2). She loves being able to take care of children!
She loves being back in her old elementary school and being able to give back to our wonderful community!