- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (e.g. Special Education, Limited English Proficiency, Gifted and Talented, etc.) require special services.
- Challenging expectations increase individual performance.
Polk Central is collecting bottle caps! Please send in a
baggie to your child's teacher and they will place
these in our collection container! Thanks!!
SPOTLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!!!
Each week a staff member & student will be chosen at random to be our spotlight
of the week! Check back each week to learn more about someone from our staff &
about a student here at Polk Central Elementary! We love our staff & students!
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Taylor's favorite color is orange. Taylor's favorite thing to do is play in PE! She is 9 years old!
STAFF SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK
Mrs. Wilson- 4th Grade Teacher
Mrs. Wilson is a 4th Grade Teacher.This is her 12th year teaching.
She is married to Derick Wilson and has 2 children. In her free time,
she works on her family farm with chickens, cows, horses & donkeys.
She also enjoys gardening and planting flowers. She is very thankful for her family, farm & students!