Our Mission:Working together with parents, staff and community members, Polk Central strives to be a safe and inviting place where all students can learn and grow.Our Beliefs:
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (e.g. Special Education, Limited English Proficiency, Gifted and Talented, etc.) require special services.
- Challenging expectations increase individual performance.
SPOTLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!!!
Each week a staff member & student will be chosen at random to be our spotlight of the week! Check back each week to learn more about someone from our staff & about a student here at Polk Central Elementary! We love our staff & students!
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
STAFF SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
***Open House/Meet Your Teacher***
Please join us for Open/House Meet Your Teacher on Thursday, August 25th from 4pm-6pm. We look forward to seeing you all!
Please stop by the PTO table during open house and enter to win 1 of 5 Ingles gift cards! We will have yummy samples of the fundraising products that we plan to sale in the fall & spring; as well as a volunteer sign up sheet and information about various events happening throughout the school year. We look forward to working with you this school year!