- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (e.g. Special Education, Limited English Proficiency, Gifted and Talented, etc.) require special services.
- Challenging expectations increase individual performance.
*Tentative Snow Makeup Days-- Pending Board Approval- 2/27 & 3/20
*Report Cards will go home on 2/24
*Jump Rope for Heart 2/10
*Book Fair 2/24-3/3
*80s Glow Party 3/16
SPOTLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!!!
Each week a staff member & student will be chosen at random to be our spotlight
of the week! Check back each week to learn more about someone from our staff &
about a student here at Polk Central Elementary! We love our staff & students!
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Addy is 6 years old.. Favorite color is blue & her favorite thing to do is feed her dog!
STAFF SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Mrs. Ford loves being a teacher, this year she was promoted to 5th grade! She says 5th grade is great! Her hobbies are cooking & reading!
Thanks for your job well done Mrs. Ford!