- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- All students can learn.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety of learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Exceptional students (e.g. Special Education, Limited English Proficiency, Gifted and Talented, etc.) require special services.
- Challenging expectations increase individual performance.
Roger's Diner at Tryon International Equestrian Center is hosting
"Wolverine Night" on Tuesday, February 21st from 3-9pm!
A portion of the proceeds from that night will be donated to
Polk County Schools. What could be better than enjoying a nice
meal while supporting your school?
Hope to see you there!!
SPOTLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!!!
Each week a staff member & student will be chosen at random to be our spotlight
of the week! Check back each week to learn more about someone from our staff &
about a student here at Polk Central Elementary! We love our staff & students!
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Riyah's favorite color is blue. Riyah's favorite thing to do is play outside! She is 8 years old!
STAFF SPOTLIGHT OF THE WEEK:
Mrs. McDonald is a 3rd Grade teacher! This is her first year teaching at Polk
Central but she has been teaching going on her 4th year!
She has been happily married for 10 years and has 2 young boys.
Thanks for a job well done Mrs. McDonald!